Author Topic: SebringFans.com Accounts and Usernames  (Read 3297 times)

Offline sack-u

• Administrator
SebringFans.com Accounts and Usernames
« on: December 27, 2013, 08:41:10 PM »
Yes, you must create a new account.

Offline DKWEST

• Administrator
Re: SebringFans.com Accounts and Usernames
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 04:12:12 PM »
Hello everyone,..  now that Sebring is less than 2 months away we'll be on here a lot more and can nip a spammer at the bud.

SebringFans will start trickling in as well the closer we get,..  Looking forward to another fun year and seeing all my Sebring Family.

WFO

Offline DKWEST

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 11:00:02 AM »
Leary of new member request from Richardlit   email: dr@e-poste.eu   That email has a lot of spam searches on a lot of anti-spam sites.   looks like the guys name is Divij Rajkumae who's facebook profile shows he used to work at facebook and twiiter so he's a tech guy.

unless of course someone knows him as a race fan

I show I can "approve" new members, but I can't figure out where to cancel or decline a member request
WFO

Offline Kings Suck

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 11:29:01 AM »
I'll take care of it.  I've been rejecting about 10 members a day.  Google the IP address and you usually get hits on 'Stop Forum Spam .com' and the Honey Pot Project.

I'm only letting in IP addresses from the US and googling their email address.  Usually you can find something that identifies the person as real and a race fan.
You've only got to spend 5 minutes on sebringfans.com to realize that, while many of them may be knowledgeable fans, this race is mostly a drinking binge with some noisy cars in the background... I'm kind of amazed (and disappointed) that track management doesn't do anything to try and go a bit more upmarket.--some FerrariChat.com douchebag

Offline Kings Suck

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 09:46:52 PM »
I had to hurry up and reject Sexgirlypf before Dave let her in.  It's a trap!
You've only got to spend 5 minutes on sebringfans.com to realize that, while many of them may be knowledgeable fans, this race is mostly a drinking binge with some noisy cars in the background... I'm kind of amazed (and disappointed) that track management doesn't do anything to try and go a bit more upmarket.--some FerrariChat.com douchebag

Offline DKWEST

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 01:02:50 PM »
LMAO,..  You got me pegged bruh!

As soon as I saw "New Member" "Sexy Girl" I was getting excited!
WFO

Offline Kings Suck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 02:33:14 PM »
She was from Belarus or Ukraine or something.  Maybe a mail-order Sebring bride.