Author Topic: Best Place to Park a Nice Car?  (Read 2438 times)

Offline SS2

Best Place to Park a Nice Car?
« on: February 12, 2016, 06:01:45 PM »
12 Hours 2016.  Any advice on the best/safest place to park a nice car so it doesn't get damaged??  Looking for a place with the least foot traffic I guess, but also want to be able to leave/return.  Thanks!

Offline Gatorgal

Re: Best Place to Park a Nice Car?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 09:29:34 PM »
What kind of car? There are reserved corrals for many different brands. Also consider reserved paddock parking. Costs extra. General parking areas behind the midway are relatively safe too.

Offline SS2

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 12:54:22 PM »
A GT-R, but I can only find Porsche and Corvette car corrals.  I will check on the reserved paddock parking, but want to be able to leave and return.  Any other info would be appreciated.  Thanks Gatorgal (as in UF??).

Offline Old Ironsides

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 07:50:48 PM »
As a two decades attendee, park at the Chateau Elan and walk back and forth, it is pavement, not a lot of foot traffic, pavement means no 'coating of dust' on your sweet ride, and no gawkers hand prints all-over and "Wash Me" written on the windshield and back window in the dust film.  Of course all this advice goes out the window if it is wet, but then again the pavement will be better than possibly mud.

Of course, you may have to 'negotiate' with the "gate keepers" at the hotel entrance for entry into their exclusive enclave.  The color green has remarkable powers of persuasion.  ;)

Offline SS2

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 04:23:38 PM »
Good idea .  Thanks!

Offline SS2

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 06:29:18 PM »
Any idea how the reserved trackside parking on concrete is at Turns 15 & 16??

Offline Old Ironsides

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 08:55:04 PM »
Turns 15 & 16 are along way from the front gate - inside the track have to navigate the paddock and the drive over bridge over Turn 17; depending on time of day/race may be lots of pedestrians, and at times race cars to avoid.

Uncertain if there is parking outside of track at 15 & 16; perhaps that is where the vintage (HSR) guys/gals park - if so probably a real pain to traverse from there to the front gate - partial "Green Park" and then "Midway" parade to the front gate.  Many sights to be witnessed if it is a 'good' year though; if this is the path you choose.

Offline jimclark

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 09:10:50 PM »
12 Hours 2016.  Any advice on the best/safest place to park a nice car so it doesn't get damaged??  Looking for a place with the least foot traffic I guess, but also want to be able to leave/return.  Thanks!

'Never have had any problems in my 41 years of attending, but, in answer to your question "best/safest" etc.,...if you're that worried, how about your driveway/garage and come in something else?  ;) :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:15:35 PM by jimclark »
"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark

Offline jimclark

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 05:56:45 PM »
Sent you a PM re: Sebring's new offer of open corral parking by t-6  :)

(edit) Oh heck, here it is:

New Turn 6 Car Corral Open to ALL Car Makes and Models
By popular demand, Sebring Raceway is offering a Car Corral open to any make or model!
The Turn 6 Car Corral guarantees car parking and viewing at Turn 6 with come-and-go access. This corral is conveniently located near “93.3 FLZ Spring Brake Party Zone,” which will be the location of Friday night’s Rock The Grid concert, featuring B.o.B., Leroy Sanchez and Alys Ffion.

Space is VERY limited, so order today. Prices are:

2 person, 4 day $305
1 person, 4 day $195
2 person, 2 day $285
1 person, 2 day $185
2 person, 1 day $265
1 person, 1 day $175
Upgrades from previously purchased tickets and parking will be allowed! This offer is limited to cars only- no RVs, trailers or tents. Call 800.626.7223 to order

jimclark

Offline DKWEST

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 03:00:10 PM »
Sent you a PM re: Sebring's new offer of open corral parking by t-6  :)

(edit) Oh heck, here it is:

New Turn 6 Car Corral Open to ALL Car Makes and Models
By popular demand, Sebring Raceway is offering a Car Corral open to any make or model!
The Turn 6 Car Corral guarantees car parking and viewing at Turn 6 with come-and-go access. This corral is conveniently located near “93.3 FLZ Spring Brake Party Zone,” which will be the location of Friday night’s Rock The Grid concert, featuring B.o.B., Leroy Sanchez and Alys Ffion.

Space is VERY limited, so order today. Prices are:

2 person, 4 day $305
1 person, 4 day $195
2 person, 2 day $285
1 person, 2 day $185
2 person, 1 day $265
1 person, 1 day $175
Upgrades from previously purchased tickets and parking will be allowed! This offer is limited to cars only- no RVs, trailers or tents. Call 800.626.7223 to order

You mean the, "Rap the Grid" concert.

I'd be leery parking a nice car near there,..  last Rap show I went to with my son, I saw more fights, and senseless vandalism,  than 40 years of going to 100's of Rock Concerts.
WFO

Offline jimclark

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 08:51:31 PM »
"You mean the, "Rap the Grid" concert."

I don't mean nuttin'....

"Just quoted the newbie the e-mail I got from Sebring.  :P  :)

jimclark

Offline SS2

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 11:54:52 PM »
That's what I was thinking.  Don't want to park anywhere near a concert venue.  Been to too many to know better.