Author Topic: ODD Sebring  (Read 1073 times)

Offline trackside

ODD Sebring
« on: March 13, 2016, 07:16:26 PM »
There have been many odd things at Sebring

The turn worker who got caught upside down in the tires
The team that had their cars repossessed before they could race
All the animal stories including pig, chicken, squirrel and raccoon

are there any odd instances you know about?

how about the guy that lost his boot in the mud bog trying not to get run over by a truck?

Offline KeithB

Re: ODD Sebring
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 08:25:55 PM »
a few years ago we brought an outboard motor and filled it with any alcohol you could think of trying to blow thew motor up

Offline Kings Suck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 09:04:01 AM »
Many years ago a camp in the Turn 10 vicinity rented a car and parked it near the fence.  They jacked the back end up and propped it on a stack of pallets. When the green flag dropped they put it in gear, gave it a little gas and let the wheels spin for the next 12 hours. They had a scoreboard to post hourly updates on miles, average speed, and coolant temperature.
You've only got to spend 5 minutes on sebringfans.com to realize that, while many of them may be knowledgeable fans, this race is mostly a drinking binge with some noisy cars in the background... I'm kind of amazed (and disappointed) that track management doesn't do anything to try and go a bit more upmarket.--some FerrariChat.com douchebag

Offline ezed

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 01:48:47 PM »
Last year I got to super soak a Big Friendly Sheriff with ice cold water from our cooler. At the main gate. He was very very thankful. Without beer I definitely would have thought that was a trap.

Offline wcarnley

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 04:12:33 PM »
I predict a kinder, gentler experience but still having fun until I say "fuck it". Just kidding I plan on being a fucking saint this time.

Offline trackside

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 08:40:28 PM »
KS - PLEASE tell me there are photographs of the pallet car! I so would like to see those. Anybody ever see pix of the upside down turn worker?