Author Topic: So I was chatting with Mario Andretti yesterday...  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Kings Suck

• Administrator
So I was chatting with Mario Andretti yesterday...
« on: March 14, 2016, 09:11:20 AM »
I told him the first race I attended was Sebring 1970.  He said: "that was a good one!"

My buddy Pete had just one job. And he fucked it up.

You've only got to spend 5 minutes on sebringfans.com to realize that, while many of them may be knowledgeable fans, this race is mostly a drinking binge with some noisy cars in the background... I'm kind of amazed (and disappointed) that track management doesn't do anything to try and go a bit more upmarket.--some FerrariChat.com douchebag

Offline wcarnley

Re: So I was chatting with Mario Andretti yesterday...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 04:14:31 PM »
Next time take a selfie. Pete fucked up.

Offline DKWEST

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 04:50:00 PM »
Nice
WFO

Offline Kings Suck

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 12:35:21 AM »
I also got some photos of another childhood racing hero. He picked a booger and wiped it on the side of the golf cart as he passed by.

You've only got to spend 5 minutes on sebringfans.com to realize that, while many of them may be knowledgeable fans, this race is mostly a drinking binge with some noisy cars in the background... I'm kind of amazed (and disappointed) that track management doesn't do anything to try and go a bit more upmarket.--some FerrariChat.com douchebag

Offline Kings Suck

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 09:37:12 AM »
Pete redeemed himself.  Here I am showing Mario last year's photo.  "I waited 45 years to get a photo with you and had to wait another year to get a good one."

Offline wcarnley

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 08:33:17 PM »
Hahaha. The guy in the background in the first pic is awesome.

Offline Lanky Turtle

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 10:41:29 PM »
Hahaha. The guy in the background in the first pic is awesome.

Haha, I've never seen someone so angry about seeing Mario Andretti. I like to think he's some former racing nemesis of Mario from the 60's. "I'll get you one day Andretti!"