Author Topic: Aie yi-yi.....  (Read 532 times)

Offline jimclark

Aie yi-yi.....
« on: March 02, 2017, 02:02:26 AM »
...Quotes from the "elite" FordGTForum.com "Sebring" thread....they're waiting on delivery of their half million dollar NFGTs:

"Waffling on going. No tents or corrals I'm aware of. Lodging is just such a PITA for Sebring."

"I went to Sebring last year for the first time. It was right after going to Daytona for the first time. It's really not set up for spectators. No real viewing areas, no TV monitors scattered about .. Daytona is state of the art and Sebring is a relic of a facility for amenities. accommodations are sparse. I had a friend there with a motor home we watched the race on TV there.."

"Maybe I'll just go for the race. If anything, just to show support for the team. We snuck up to the seats above the pits last year and it was ok viewing."

"So no grandstands or decent viewing areas?"

"Can you rent carts to get from corner to corner?"

"You can park inside and drive your car around the area between the hotel and turns 1-3."

"I don't mind walking but I hate wasting time at a race without a track view, especially at a 12 hour."

My suggestion, and more importantly, request, is that they stay away.........please.

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark

Offline Kings Suck

• Administrator
Re: Aie yi-yi.....
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 09:20:27 AM »
They'd be right at home with the FerrariChat.com douchebags.
You've only got to spend 5 minutes on sebringfans.com to realize that, while many of them may be knowledgeable fans, this race is mostly a drinking binge with some noisy cars in the background... I'm kind of amazed (and disappointed) that track management doesn't do anything to try and go a bit more upmarket.--some FerrariChat.com douchebag

Offline GT69hairpin

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 11:46:24 PM »
Ditto all of that

Offline scottypinthemix

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 11:51:24 AM »
These are the same type of people that say they don't like to listen to Hindy call a race.
PLEASE stay at home.

Offline jimclark

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 10:41:48 AM »
There's some of us left.  ;)  :)

jimclark

Offline jimclark

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 10:48:17 AM »
Wait a minute. I post there, and they're not as bad as the "FordGTforum" a-holes (American prima donnas; of which I am not). Those guys haven't a clue. There's some decent folk at F-Chat....(again, I can't afford a Ferrari)  ;)

jimclark

Offline Kings Suck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 11:04:21 AM »
Wait a minute. I post there, and they're not as bad as the "FordGTforum" a-holes (American prima donnas; of which I am not). Those guys haven't a clue. There's some decent folk at F-Chat....(again, I can't afford a Ferrari)  ;)
Check out my signature.  I believe that poster was 'The Stig.'  He and those that replied in agreement with seem to be in league with the Ford fans you quoted.
You've only got to spend 5 minutes on sebringfans.com to realize that, while many of them may be knowledgeable fans, this race is mostly a drinking binge with some noisy cars in the background... I'm kind of amazed (and disappointed) that track management doesn't do anything to try and go a bit more upmarket.--some FerrariChat.com douchebag

Offline jimclark

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 03:05:04 AM »
Understood. That's why I posted the quotes and made the statement I made. There are others that are not so that I don't find at the GT boards.

In the end, it really doesn't matter. "Variety is the spice of life" and our differences "makes the world go 'round" and the like..... ;)

jimclark